Hot on the heels of Daimler announcing the largest ever field-test of its car-to-X vehicle communications system in Germany, a similar program being conducted by the U.S. Department of Transport (DoT) got underway this week in the Ann Arbor region of Michigan. Whereas the Daimler trial involves 120 network-linked vehicles, the Connected Vehicle Safety Pilot Model Deployment Program will see some 3,000 vehicles hitting the road in the world's biggest ever real world test of connected-vehicle communication technology. .. Continue Reading Worlds largest field test of connected vehicle technology gets underway in the U.S.
Tags: Automotive, Communications, GM, Road Safety, Traffic, University of Michigan
- Daimler's largest ever field-test of car-to-X social networking system for cars
- Mazda Advanced Safety Vehicle 4 to begin public road trials
- GM developing vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications systems
- Universal charging system developed for EVs
- Nissan Intelligent Transportation System moves to next phase of testing
- Audi announces U.S. introduction of A3 e-tron electric vehicle pilot program