Body armor is the blessing and the curse of soldiers. Modern tactical armor has saved thousands of lives from bullets and bombs, but it can also be a major problem if it doesnt fit properly. Thats what the women who make up 14 percent of the US Army face on a regular basis. Now, according to the Army News Service, the Army is preparing to test a new armor that is tailored to the female form to replace the standard mens armor that the women now use. Working on data collected in studies overseas and at stateside army bases, the Program Executive Office (PEO) Soldier has identified several problem areas and has developed a new armor that will be tested in 2013... Continue Reading U.S. Army to test female-specific body armor
Tags: Armor, Soldiers, US Army, Women
- ArmoRight: buoyancy vest meets lightweight body armor
- U.S. Armys first all-composite, armor-ready truck cab
- Protect your HDTV with TV Armor
- New Shear Thickening Fluid (STF) enables flexible, comfortable armor
- Unique three-layered snail shell could lead to tougher body armor
- Tarian high-tech fabric: the future of military armour-plating?