If you suspect that songs today tend to sound the same, it turns out you're right. A group of Spanish scientists looked at a huge database of songs and analyzed their trends, publishing their results in the scientific journal Nature. What they found was proof positive that, over the last few decades, songs have progressively gotten louder, decreased their pitch transitions, and generally become more homogeneous... Continue Reading Scientists prove it's the same old song only louder
Tags: Columbia University, Music, Sound, Volume
- Whales no longer singing the blues?
- BOSS unveils eBand Audio Player for guitarists
- The scientific formula for predicting a hit song
- Kids rock on with their toothbrush out
- djay: Algoriddim's slick portable DJ app for iOS devices
- Latest Walkman phone provides 8GB music storage