A recent study of gamma-ray bursts by Professor Robert Nemiroff and his colleagues at Michigan Technological University provides the first strong evidence concerning the small-scale smoothness of spacetime. Oddly, this examination of the very small is accomplished by measuring a handful of gamma-rays after they traveled over ten billion light years... Continue Reading Quantum spacetime more like foam rubber than beer foam
Section: Research Watch
Tags: Gravity, Light, Michigan Tech, Photon, Physics, Quantum, Space
- Scientists create real photons from virtual ones
- 'Spacetime Cloak' could conceal events
- Encryption set for a quantum leap
- Padova University scientists declare quantum leap in quantum communications
- Time machine theory: a step forward in travelling backwards?
- Is the Universe real or just an illusion? The holometer aims to find out...