Wind turbines have the potential to be very useful in providing renewable power to remote communities which have little or no infrastructure. Unfortunately, larger turbines tend to require a relatively involved set-up, with specialist gear needed to construct and maintain the turbines. The Portable Power Center (PPC) by Uprise Energy innovates in this regard by providing a self-contained unit which folds within a shipping container, and can be transported by truck. .. Continue Reading Portable Power Center wind turbine fits into a shipping container
Tags: Container, Energy, Portable, Power, Wind turbine
- Terra-Gen Power secures $1.2 billion for largest wind farm in U.S.
- Less is more for cost-efficient wind farms
- Largest wind farm in the Southern Hemisphere to be built in Australia
- Spain sets new wind power record supplying 40% of total demand
- High efficiency wind turbine based on jet engine technology
- Wind turbines that use human-like learning to improve efficiency