Danish design studio N55, in collaboration with German designer Till Wolfer, has created a series of open-source human-powered vehicle designs that can be built at home using basic tools and materials. Dubbed XYZ Spaceframe Vehicles, the models incorporate weather-resistant and lightweight frames that are made using standard aluminum tubes. Those tubes are assembled together using simple stainless steel bolts, washers and nuts. Unlike the singular load-bearing tube seen in traditional bike structures, the main structure is an orthogonal spaceframe of standard aluminum tubes, says N55. .. Continue Reading N55's spaceframe tricycle can be built at home from plans
Tags: Environmentally-friendly, Open Source, Tricycle
- SLiME Smart Tubes - a remedy for bicycle flats?
- ReLED Systems offer LED replacement for fluorescent tubes
- Gorgeous BLOCK tube amplifier to go into production
- Kit lets you build your own retro Nixie Tube Desk Clock
- Free Spirit: the worlds lightest wheelchair
- Calfee Design building bamboo bikes for the first and third worlds