After existing only in prototype form since at least 2006, the GIBBS Quadski is finally about to become a commercially-available product. The amphibious vehicle can be driven like a regular 4WD quad while on land, but it draws in its wheels and becomes a Jet Ski-like contraption upon entering the water all within five seconds. At a press conference yesterday in Detroit, GIBBS founder Alan Gibbs and chairman Neil Jenkins announced that the Quadski will be available in select U.S. markets starting next month ... priced at about US$40,000... Continue Reading GIBBS Quadski to launch in U.S. next month
Section: On the Water
- 50 mph Quadski converts from Jetski to ATV in five seconds
- US Military FCT contract for High Speed Amphibians
- Gibbs unveils two new "Amphitrucks"
- Humdinga - the 4WD amphibious vehicle
- Gibbs and Lockheed Martin to develop high speed amphibious vehicles for military use
- Amphibious Iguana 29 gets smaller sibling, the Iguana 24