It's been compared, possibly with fairness, to both a bathtub and a kitchen sink. Indeed, "the bathtub" appears to be its unofficial nickname, coined by lead architect Mels Crouwel. What's undeniable is that the newly-completed extension to Amsterdam's Stedelijk Museum is different, and in a very specific sense... Continue Reading Amsterdam's iconic "bathtub" to open this month
Tags: Extension, Museum
- Harley-Davidson Museum to open in July
- Porsche's spectacular design for new museum
- MAD's Ordos Museum is finally complete
- Do you recognize the playing pieces in NEXT's Modern Architecture Boardgame?
- Wing shaped towers of Zayed National Museum act as thermal chimneys
- Louvre will use the Nintendo 3DS as a tour guide