In old bicycle racing photos, many of the racers can be seen wearing what are sometimes now referred to as leather hair nets. Actually known as pistard helmets, they were made of padded leather and offered little protection, but they did conform nicely to the shape of the riders head. Carreras new foldable helmet is a modern (and safer) take on that same idea... Continue Reading Accordion-like Carrera bike helmet folds to accommodate different head sizes
Tags: Cycling, Folding, Helmets, Safety
- YAKKAY smart helmets bring some styling to cycling
- Lazer SuperSkin helmet might just save your skin
- Overade foldable bicycle helmet design saves space as well as your skull
- Fold-up sports helmet easy to stash
- Rear access helmet designed for easy, safe removal
- Airhead insert increases helmet ventilation, eliminates "helmet hair"