Welcome to Discuss Everything Forums...

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Tags for this Thread

+ Reply to Thread
    Papito

Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the digital workspace versus the "wet"

darkroom. How has digital ? imagery changed the medium of photography? What role has the Internet played in the advancement of photography

Tim L
    Lots of questions in there, so I'll tackle them one by one. Obviously the huge advantage of digital photography over traditional darkrooms is "Ctrl-Z" or Undo. Nothing is set in stone in digital if you have good command of your workflow whereas the chemical darkroom process is far more laborious. That being said, traditional darkrooms are more hands on whereas digital has the buffering effect od working indirectly with your photos through the keyboard, mouse and screen.

Nova
    time conservation - its quicker to to just pop your memory card in a computer - import pics and then edit them - digital cameras come with their own software which is pretty good depending on the camera that you buy (advantage digital)

Work pride - the rustic pride one has from developing his/her own film and the variations used - being able to say I birthed this picture with my own 2 hands aside from editind a picture and printing it out just seems TOO easy (advantage darkroom)

megaixels (need I say more ?) advantage digital

thats all I have - I am not as deep as some

www.fotographycourses.com

Re: Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of the digital workspace versus the "wet"

I think digital darkroom is here to stay, as it helps photographers move on with the mainstream of photography. I don't want to label the traditional way of post editing as gone and done with, but personally I am more comfortable with digital editing using my mouse and clicks than to expose myself to them chemicals and spend time in blocking light to enter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Click here to log in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Thread Information